What skills do you need to work front desk at a hotel?
Those working within the hospitality industry need strong interpersonal and communication skills. They also need to be strong problem solvers.
- What Are Guest Service Skills?
- Computer Literacy.
- Problem Solving.
What are the qualities of a good hotel receptionist?
As you make your hiring criteria more specific, be sure you include the following six traits as you look to fill the job of a receptionist:
- Effective communication. …
- Professionalism. …
- Interpersonal aplomb. …
- Multitasking capabilities. …
- Organizational abilities. …
- Technical prowess.
How can I improve my front desk performance?
Here are six ways to improve your team’s performance – and your overall guest experience.
- Be Guest Experts. When each member of the front desk team is a guest expert, guests feel welcome. …
- Train, Train and Train. …
- Read the Signs. …
- Utilize Technology. …
- Have Knowledge of the Surrounding Area. …
- Speed is Key.
How do you talk to a hotel receptionist?
Here is a simple conversation that you can practise at home.
- Guest: Sorry. …
- Receptionist: Yes, sir. …
- Guest: Great. …
- Receptionist: The dining room is open from seven o’clock until ten o’clock on weekdays and until eleven at the weekend.
- Guest: Great. …
- Receptionist: It’s on the first floor.
- Guest: Thank you very much.
What is the front desk person at a hotel called?
The term front desk is used in many hotels for an administrative department where a receptionist’s duties also may include room reservations and assignment, guest registration, cashier work, credit checks, key control as well as mail and message service. Such receptionists are often called front desk clerks.
What are the duties of a front desk receptionist at a hotel?
- Perform all check-in and check-out tasks.
- Manage online and phone reservations.
- Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data.
- Register guests collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their stay)
- Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms.
How do I pass a receptionist interview?
14) Mention what are some key aspects or tips a good receptionist should remember?
- Smile when you answer the phone.
- Always answer the phone with a welcome or an appropriate greeting.
- Answer the phone as promptly as possible.
- Before transferring the call ask for the caller’s name.
What questions do they ask for a receptionist interview?
Receptionist Interview Questions
- Tell me about your previous work experience as a receptionist.
- What were your primary responsibilities?
- Do you enjoy interacting with the public?
- How many people on average did you interact with on a daily basis?
- How did you add value to your role as receptionist?
What skills should a receptionist have?
Here are examples of the soft and hard skills receptionists typically have:
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service.
- Multitasking and prioritizing.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
How do I organize my front desk?
Organize Your Desk with These 13 Helpful Tips
- Keep Your Computer in Front of You. …
- Put The Things You Use Most Near Your Dominant Hand. …
- Keep Only What You Need on Your Desk. …
- Group Similar Items Together. …
- Whoa There, Post-It Notes. …
- Slow Your Roll on Personal Stuff. …
- Control Your Notifications. …
- Keep Open Desk Space.
What are the skills of a front desk officer?
WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES OF A GOOD FRONT DESK OFFICER?
- Neat and Professional Appearance.
- Effective communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Calm and Composed while Multitasking.
- Strength to Stay on Your Feet for Long Periods.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to Speak at Least Two Languages.
What makes a good front office manager?
The front desk should be neat and tidy and manned by staff who is immaculately attired. In addition, make certain every member of the front desk is at their position at all times and greet guests with a welcoming and friendly smile. … An excellent front office manager makes time to talk with his staff and also guests.
How do you greet a hotel customer?
There are five best practices for greeting the guests when they arrive:
- 1 Dressing: It forms the first impression and welcoming a guest is just like going on the first date. …
- 2 Smile with a Greeting: …
- 3 A Different Greeting: …
- 4 Offer to Assist Them: …
- 5 Ask Questions:
What should a receptionist say?
Be Polite & Use Pleasantries
Encourage your receptionist to always say, “thank you,” “please may I,” and “have a nice day.” When these polite terms are used, the customer notices and their experience is enhanced.